This is a trial period beginning with the October 3, 2017 Board of Selectmen Meeting
January 22, 2018
Belmont Financial Restructuring Discussion (Pension/OPEB-Other Post-Employment Benefits/Other Scenarios)
Approval of a One Day Wine and Malt License Application from the Patrons of Belmont Performing Arts-Trivia Night Fundraiser in support of Belmont High Theater Department-to be held on February 9, 2018 from 7pm -10pm at the Beech Street Center; 266 Beech Street, Belmont
January 8, 2018
- Proclamation for Mr. Michael Bishop, Manager of Public Works Water Division
- Vote to Award Cedrone Corporation, 12 Hadley Street, North Billerica, Mass. The FY18 Water Main Replacement Contract in the amount of $1,385,851.75
- Vote to Accept a gift from Wheelabrator of $3,000.00, the monies will help pay for educational outreach, such as signage, educational literature and lectures.
- Marijuana Licensing and Regulations Discussion
- Vote to Accept Resignation from Mr. Richard Waring-OPEB Funding Advisory Committee (Other Post-Employment Benefits)
- OPEB (Other Post-Employment Benefits) Funding Discussions
- Demolition Delay Appeal application from Susan E. Gonzalez at 52 Willow Street
- Demolition Delay Appeal application from Derek Staples at 27 Dorset Road – continued from December 18, 2017.
- Approval of a new application for an All Alcoholic Beverages Restaurant License from Eatup LLC d/b/a Roast 75, 75 Leonard Street
- Review of Applications and Possible Appointment of Zoning Board of Appeals Member and Traffic Advisory Committee Member
- Discussion of Board of Selectmen Operational Rules
- Discussion of Revised Liquor Regulations
- Vote to Approve On-Call Architect
December 18, 2017
- Vote to Approve the Contract to ModSpace in the amount of $1,086,821.00 for the Mary Lee Burbank Elementary School Modular Classroom Building construction project
- Marijuana Licensing and Regulations Discussion
- Approval of a New Wine and Beer Liquor License Application for Stone Hearth Pizza Also, Inc. (Lamark del Llano-Silva) 57 Leonard Street
- Recommended Motion
- OPEB (Other Post-Employment Benefits) Presentations (Kathy Riley, Segal Actuarial)
- Demolition Delay Appeal application from Derek Staples at 27 Dorset Road
- Accept Resignation of Ann Verrilli from the Belmont Housing Trust and possible appointment of a new member
- Vote to authorize the Town Administrator to renew those licenses previously issued by the BOS pursuant to Chapter 140 of the General Laws to all of those licensees to whom the Town Clerk sent renewal notices for the year 2018, as listed by the Clerk, being subject to the determination of the Town Administrator made on or before December 31, 2017
- Approval of a New Class II License for Bimmer Auto Sales ( Charles Dermenjian) 374 Lake Street
- Business and Liquor License Annual Renewals
- Approval of a One Day Wine and Malt License Application
- Approval of Fire Department Intergovernmental Agreement with Watertown
- Acceptance of a Donation from the Cummings Properties Employee Directed Giving in the amount of $1,000.00 to be used to fund supplies for the Employee Appreciation event.
December 11, 2017
- Discussion of the Community Compact Program as offered by the Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Proclamation in honor of Board of Selectmen Recording Secretary, Ms. Lisa Gibalerio
- Report and Recommendation from the Town Administrator Screening Committee - Resumes Below
- Acceptance of a Donation from the Payson Park Congregational Church to the Belmont Police Department in the amount of $50.00
- National Grid Utility Petition to install and maintain approximately 160 feet more or less of 2 inch gas main in Robinwood Rd., Belmont. From the existing 4 inch gas main at house #25, easterly to house #46. To provide a new gas service to #31 and #46 Robinwood Road.
- Proclamation for the Belmont Food Pantry 25 years
- Vote to approve Belmont Center Business Association - Annual Midnight Madness Event on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 from 6PM to Midnight
- Planning Board Appointment for (one) Three Year Term and a One Year Term
- Discussion of Special Town Meeting Warrant Articles and Vote on Motions
- Vote to Approve the Renewal of a Common Victualler License
- MAPC (Metropolitan Area Planning Council) Bicycle RFP (Request for Proposal) Spencer Gober, Planner, Office of Community Development
- Discussion and Vote on Request from the Massachusetts State Lottery to install a KENO To Go Monitor at A&R Market, 360 Trapelo Road
- Water Meter Contract Award for Water Meters and Water Meter Installation
- Vote on Special Town Meeting Motions for November 13, 2017 Special Town Meeting, 7:00pm at the Chenery Middle School
- Consideration of the application of Donald H. Mercier to Appeal the Inclusion of 191-203 Belmont Street on the List of Significant Buildings, which is subject to regulation by the Demolition Delay Bylaw.
- Approval of a request from the Lions Club of Belmont to exclude parking in front of the Lions Clubhouse, 1 Common Street, from Saturday, November 25, 2017 to Sunday, December 24, 2017 for the purpose of conducting their annual Christmas Tree and Wreath Sale.
- Approval of a request from the Lions Club of Belmont to exclude parking in front of the Lions Clubhouse, 1 Common Street, from Friday, March 30, 2018 to Sunday, April 1, 2018 for the purpose of conducting our annual Easter Flower sale.
- Approval of a request from the Belmont Center Business Association to hold the 27th Annual “Holiday Celebration/Tree Lighting Ceremony” on November 30, 2017 from 5:45PM – 8:30PM in Belmont Center
- Vote to Approve the Renewal of a Common Victualler License for: Rancatore’s Ice Cream, Inc. (Joe Rancatore, Jr.), 36 Leonard Street; Shangri-La (Sze-Feng Huang), 149 Belmont Street
- Vote to Approve the Renewal of a Class II License for Pleasant Street Shell/El-Lakkis Corporation (Nabih El-Lakkis) 337 Pleasant Street
- FY17 Year End and FY18 Quarter 1 Financials
- FY19 Strategic Financial Planning and Budget Process
- Appoint Floyd Carman to the Community Preservation Committee
- Prioritizing work efforts/ Town Administration and Department Heads/ Adoption of Board of Selectmen Operational Rules
- Executive Session
- Proclamation for Retired Firefighters
- Sidewalk Assessment Report Presentation
- Board of Survey-Frontage Road
- Sign Bylaw Update-Designee Glenn Clancy, Community Development Director
- Handicap Parking Space Request – 57 Raleigh Road
- Lottery Conditions for Star Market
- High School Building Committee Update
- Vote to Approve Special Town Meeting Warrant for November 13, 2017 at 7:00P.M.
- Discussion Related to Open Meeting Law
- Re-Appointment of Town Accountant for a Three Year Term
- Vote to Open and Close the Warrant for 2017 Fall Special Town Meeting (November 13, 2017 at 7pm at the Chenery School)
- Approval of a One Day All –Alcoholic Beverage License Application from the Junior League of Boston for the Show House Kick-Off Event to be held on October 4, 2017 in the auditorium at the Belmont Town Hall from 6pm -9:30pm.
- Approval of a One Day All –Alcoholic Beverage License Application from the Junior League of Boston for the Show House Kick-Off Event to be held on October 6, 2017 in the auditorium at the Belmont Town Hall from 6pm -9:30pm.
- Committee Appointments
- Discussion regarding Committee Appointments-Term Limits
- Designation of the month of November as Belmont Veteran’s Month