By Fran Yuan
The charge to the Commission from the Board of Selectmen is to:
- Address the full range of discrimination in the areas of commerce, education, public accommodation, housing, employment, and access to municipal services.
- Serve as a resource to the citizenry, the business community, and public agencies on issues regarding diversity and discrimination.
- Give visibility to and increase awareness of issues related to diversity and discrimination through educational activities.
- Assist the citizenry and town agencies in informally resolving disputes on issues relating to discrimination.
- Receive allegations of violations of human rights laws and related legislation, and refer matters to relevant Town, State, and Federal authorities for disposition of matters within their respective jurisdictions.
- Report annually on its activities to the Board of Selectmen.
|Kathryn Bonifiglio||Belmont Against Racism|
|Carl Brauer||Term Expires, 2018|
|Nan Donald||Term Expires, 2019|
|Mirela Duda||Vice-Chair Term Expires,2018|
|Seneca Hart||Term Expires 2020|
|Captain J. Peter Hoerr, Belmont Police Department|
|Paul Solomon||Term Expires, 2018|
|Fran Yuan||Term Expires, 2019|
|Alexandra Gubin||Term Expires, 2020|
|Anthony Moroso||Chair Term Expires 2019|
|Kathleen Kayta Gajdos||Term Expires, 2020|
|Jia Zhang||BHS Liaison|