Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 51 § 15 require that there shall be in every city or town, other than one having a board of election commissioners or an election commission, a Board of Registrars of Voters.
Responsibilities of the Board of Registrars include:
- Voter registration
- Processing absentee voter applications
- Processing address and party changes
- Maintaining accurate lists of registered voters in the town
- Maintenence and testing of voting equipment
- Conducting elections and recounts as necessary in a fair and impartial manner
- Tallying election results
- Accepting and certifying nomination papers
- Certifying initiative or referendum petitions
The Board of Registrars of Voters consists of three (3) persons appointed by the Board of Selectmen with the fourth member of the Board being the elected Town Clerk.
As nearly as possible, the members of the board shall represent the two leading political parties. The Town Clerk need not be enrolled in a political party.
The Board of Registrars of Voters is also responsible for the collection, enumeration and publication of the Annual Street List of the Town of Belmont.
|Stanley Dzierzerski||Expiring 2018|
|Robert McGaw||Expiring 2020|
|Ellen O'Brien Cushman, Town Clerk||Expiring 2019|
|James Staton||Expiring 2019|