DPW Parks & Cemetery Division
- Parks and Facilities: Parks provides for the cleaning, mowing, maintenance, repair and improvement of the resources for school athletics and recreational enjoyment for 62 acres of athletic fields, parks, tennis courts, basketball courts and tot lots including the operation of the Skip Viglirolo Skating Rink and Underwood Pool.
- Cemetery Maintenance: The administration of the Belmont Cemetery is governed by the obligations created by M.G.L. Chapter 114. Responsibilities include cleaning, mowing, maintenance, repair and improvement of two cemeteries totaling 24 acres. In addition, staff provides a wide variety of services including selling grave lots, meeting grieving families’ needs, coordinating with funeral homes, interments and providing information for the general public.
The Belmont Cemetery is located at 121 Grove Street at the intersection of Grove Street and Huron Avenue. New burial plots for traditional interments have not been available since 1988.
The Highland Meadow Cemetery is located at 700 Concord Avenue.
The three members of the Board are elected for overlapping, three-year terms and are not compensated for their work.
To e-mail a staff contact click on their name below
- Annual Planting Program
- Cemetery Board
- Fees for Services
- Highland Meadow Cemetery
- Memorial Tree Program
- Rules & Regulations
News & Announcements
- September 27 and September 28, 2016 Traffic Advisory
- Temporary Closing of Municipal Parking Lot in Cushing Square
- District Wide Voting Results-Minuteman Election 9-20-2016
- STATE HEALTH OFFICIALS ANNOUNCE THIRD HUMAN CASE OF WEST NILE VIRUS IN MASSACHUSETTS
- Belmont Center's Grand Reopening-Fall Stroll-9/24/2016