The Town Administrator serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town and has three primary responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the delivery of municipal services, with the exception of those under the jurisdiction of the independently elected authorities;
- Provides leadership to the Board of Selectmen for strategic planning; and,
- Serves as the Director of the Office of the Board of Selectmen.
The Town Administrator’s Office is responsible for the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets, which integrates the work of appointed citizen committees, such as the Warrant Committee, Capital Budget Committee, to ensure involvement in the budget decision-making process. The Office also works collaboratively with the School Committee and School Administration to assist in the development of the School Department Budget.
Other responsibilities include: Responding to questions and concerns of residents; Advising and recommending to the Selectmen those needs, policies, programs and actions deemed necessary or expedient for the effective operation of Town government; Acting as the Board of Selectmen’s agent to negotiate collective bargaining agreements for Town labor units; Serving as a liaison with State, Federal and regional governmental organizations, local business and community leaders and the general public; Coordinating Town Counsel services to respond to legal matters and to prepare the official Town Warrant and documentation for Town Meeting; Publishing the Annual Town Report; And, directing town functions on the behalf of the Board of Selectmen, such as: granting licenses, setting fees, and coordinating temporary and permanent volunteer committees and task forces to address Town issues.
Contact the Town Administrator’s Office to:
- Ask a general question about Town government
- Schedule time to speak with a member of the Board of Selectmen
- Inquire about the Board of Selectmen’s meeting schedule and agendas
- Ask which department to contact for town services or general information
- Report a problem when you don’t know which department is most appropriate
- Sign up to volunteer to serve on a Town Committee
- Request to close off your street to hold a neighborhood block party
- Request permission to place a temporary sign on a public median
- Rent space in a Town building in order to hold a private function
- Request a One-Day Liquor License to sell alcohol for an event
- Address a legal matter or insurance claim that involves the Town of Belmont
The Town Administrator’s Office is located at 455 Concord Avenue on the 2nd floor of Town Hall. Town Offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., except for legal holidays.
To e-mail a staff contact please click on their name below
|David J. Kale||Town Administrator||(617) 993-2610|
|Phyllis Marshall||Assistant Town Administrator||(617) 993-2610|
|Glen Castro||Budget Analyst||(617) 993-2610|
|Susan Cleary||Administrative Coordinator||(617) 993-2610|
|Susan Cleary||Public Information||(617) 993-2610|
|Matthew Haskell||Administrative Assistant||(617)-993-2610|