In the Town of Belmont the Board of Selectmen serve as the Local Licensing Authority with regard to Liquor Licenses. Types of licenses that can be issued in Belmont are briefly described below. If you are interested in applying for a license contact the Office of the Board of Selectmen and Town Administrator:
One Day Licenses:
- Click Here for More Information about One Day Liquor Licenses
- One Day Liquor License Application Form
Agricultural Wine License:
Approved vendors may obtain an agricultural wine license to sell wine at the Belmont Farmer's Market or a similar event.
Fee: $50.00 per season
A limited number of licenses are availiable to businesses to sell alcohol. Contact the Office of the Board of Selectmen / Town Administrator for information on applying:
- All Alcohol Retail License: Approved retail establishments can sell all types of alcohol for off-site consumption (2 allowed in Town)
- Wine and Beer Retail License: Approved retail establishments can sell wine and beer for off-site consumption (4 allowed in Town)
- All Alcohol Restaurant License: Approved restuarants with more than 60 seats may serve all types of alcohol for on-site consumption with meals. ( 8 allowed in Town)
- Wine and Beer Restaurant License: Approved restuarants with more than 39 seats may sell wine and beer for on-site consumption with meals. (16 allowed in Town)
Application Fees: $750 to the Town of Belmont and $200 to the Massachusetts Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission
Annual Fee: $2,500 Wine and Beer, $4,000 All Alcohol
Renewals: Liquor licenses must be renewed during the month of December each year. Information on renewals is mailed to establishments in late October or early November. A $250 Town of Belmont renewal fee applies to all licenses.