The Homer Municipal Building was originally built in 1899 as a high school and in 1915 was converted to a junior high school. In 1926 it became a grammar school and in 1937 an administration building. It was partially renovated in 1996 and completely renovated in 2005. It measures approximately 27,000 square feet on four levels. The Facilities Department is located on the ground floor, the Town Accountant, Treasurer, Assessors Office and Department of Public Works are on the first floor, Community Development, Recreation and Health are located on the second floor and the IT department is on the third floor. There are two conference rooms and a large Gallery used for meetings and art shows.