I have a dog or a cat - do I have to license them? What's required?
All dogs and cats over the age of four months must be licensed per Belmont's General Bylaw § 60-200 . An application to license may be obtained on the Town Clerk's webpage here.
If you have previously licensed your pet in Belmont, you may renew online here. Please note that an up-to-date rabies vaccination certificate is needed before you can renew. To find out if your pet's rabies certificate is current, call the Town Clerk's office at (617) 993-2600.
- Applying for Marriage Licenses
- Birth, Death & Marriage Records: Certified Copies
- Business Certificates (DBA), Business Licenses & Entertainment Licenses
- Campaign Finance Reports & Information
- Current Census Information
- Election: April 4, 2017 Local Election - Offices & Candidates
- Elections: Am I Registered & Where do I Vote?
- Elections: Early Voting & Absentee Voting
- Elections: Election Results
- Elections: Information for Residents & Media
- Elections: Register to Vote Online
- Elections: Running for Elected Office & Campaigning
- General Bylaws
- Get to Know Belmont
- Open Meeting Law & Ethics
- Pet License: Fillable PDF Application
- Pet License: Online Renewal Application
- Raffle Permits & Auctioneer Licenses
- Residency Verification & School Registration
- Street Address Assignment Requests
- Town Meeting Documents & Information
- Town Meeting Members
- Yard Sale Permits