Recycling Procedure for Appliances and CRT’s (TV’s, Monitors, etc.)
Effective July 1, 2014: aLL Appliances, Televisions, and Computer Monitors will be collected on
Thursdays only, they require a “Recycling Sticker” to be purchased and affixed to each item prior to pick-up. Calling to schedule a pick-up is still necessary.
Recycling Sticker Information
- Stickers will cost $20.00 per appliance and $15.00 per CRT, TV, Monitors, and some copiers.
- Stickers will be available for purchase at the following locations:
- Highway Division Office, located at the Homer Building 19 Moore Street. (cash or check accepted)
- Town Clerk’s Office, located at the Belmont Town Hall, Concord Avenue (cash or check accepted)
- Star Market, located at 535 Trapelo Road, Waverley Square (cash, check or credit card accepted)
- Winters Hardware, located at 84 Trapelo Road, Cushing Square (cash, or check accepted)
- Hillside Garden Supply, located at 280 Blanchard Road (cash, check or credit card accepted)
Appliances and CRT’s: Call Highway Division office by noon, on Wednesday to schedule a pick-up for the next available Thursday. CRT’s are collected on Thursdays only. Purchase sticker and affix to CRT prior to placing at curb by 7:00am on the scheduled Thursday.
For more information, please call the Highway Division Office at (617) 993-2690.
ORANGE stickers are for APPLIANCES they cost $20.00 per ITEM
GREEN stickers are for TELEVISIONS, MOITORS, LAPTOPS, and SOME COPIERS they cost $15.00 per ITEM
- One sticker per item.
- Sticker must be affixed to the item and should be placed at curb, sticker facing the street on the scheduled day by 7:00am. The Town contractor will NOT pick-up any appliance or CRT that has not been scheduled or is without a sticker.
- All residents must call (617) 993-2690 to schedule a pick-up for each Appliance or CRT they wish to recycle.
- Appliance and CRT pick-ups – Are collected on Thursday’s only. Residents should call (617) 993-2690 by noon on Wednesday to schedule the next available Thursday. There is a limited number allowed by the contractor per week, so schedule early!