Recycling Procedure for Appliances and CRT’s (TV’s, Monitors, etc.)
Effective July 1, 2014: ALL Appliances, Televisions, and Computer Monitors will be collected on Thursdays only, they require a “Recycling Sticker” to be purchased and affixed to each item prior to pick-up. Calling to schedule a pick-up is still necessary.
Recycling Sticker Information
Stickers will cost $20.00 per appliance and $15.00 per CRT, TV, Monitors, and some copiers.
Stickers will be available for purchase at the following locations:
- Highway Division Office, located at the Homer Building 19 Moore Street. (cash or check accepted)
- Town Clerk’s Office, located at the Belmont Town Hall, Concord Avenue (cash or check accepted)
- Star Market, located at 535 Trapelo Road, Waverley Square (cash, check or credit card accepted)
- Winters Hardware, located at 84 Trapelo Road, Cushing Square (cash, or check accepted)
- Hillside Garden Supply, located at 280 Blanchard Road (cash, check or credit card accepted)
Appliances and CRT’s: Call Highway Division office by noon, on Wednesday to schedule a pick-up for the next available Thursday. CRT’s are collected on Thursdays only. Purchase sticker and affix to CRT prior to placing at curb by 7:00am on the scheduled Thursday.
For more information, please call the Highway Division Office at (617) 993-2690.
ORANGE stickers are for APPLIANCES they cost $20.00 per ITEM
GREEN stickers are for TELEVISIONS, MONITORS, LAPTOPS, and SOME COPIERS they cost $15.00 per ITEM