Belmont Human Rights Commission Meeting
Belmont Town Hall
December 4, 2008
Members in attendance: Lisa Bernt, Janet Cudmore-Boswell, Nan Donald, Judie Feins, Connie Williams
Liaisons in attendance: Capt. Peter Hoerr (Police Department)
Meeting began at approximately 7:15 p.m.
- Phone line: Two calls received from a resident of public housing facing eviction who reports being called racial epithets by neighbor(s). One call from Harvard student doing research re: housing issues.
- A Fair Housing Event was held at Chenery Middle School on November 16, 2008, about the history of Fair Practices Group in Belmont and the Roxbury/Belmont Summer Program. The program will be aired on local access television.
- Review of HRC’s Summary of Purpose, Activities, and Future Goals, in preparation for meeting with Selectman on December 15, 2008.
- Discussion of Fair Housing Center of Greater Boston’s four-session dialogue. FHCGB will be invited to future HRC meeting to discuss same.
- Discussion of concerns re: lead paint issues in housing.
Meeting adjourned at approximately 8:30 pm.